If you receive certain benefits or you’re on a low income, then Northumbrian water have a social tariff that may be able to help you. The Northumbrian Water social tariff is called SupportPlus and is available to anyone who meets any of the below criteria:
- If your total household income is less than £17,005 per year and your annual water bill is more than 3% or more of your net household income (after housing costs such as rent and mortgage payments
- If someone in your household receives pension credit, and your annual water bill is 3% or more of your net household income
- Your income is not sufficient to cover your essential bills. If this is the case, then you will need to undergo a financial assessment from an independent debt advice organisation. To help with this, get in touch with StepChange Debt Charity
On this page
How to apply for the Northumbrian Water SupportPlus tariff
It’s really easy toa apply for the Northumbrian water social tariff. You just need to email [email protected] with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Account number (found on your bill or by logging in to your account online)
- Copies of your supporting evidence
Once Northumbrian water have received everything above (including the supporting evidence), they will be able to review your social water tariff application. They aim to be in touch with you within 10 working days to discuss what happens next.
If you’d like to know what supporting evidence you need when you apply for your Northumbrian Water SupportPlus tariff, then take a look at the supporting evidence section on this page.
What happens if I don’t qualify for the SupportPlus tariff?
Don’t panic. Even if you’re not eligible for the SupportPlus tariff, if you are struggling to pay your bill from Northumbrian Water, then you can contact them to see what options are available to you. Simply call them on 0345 733 5566.